Like everything else in California, COVID-19 compliance continues to evolve.
Now that we have passed the one year mark of being under various shelter-in-place orders, the Labor & Workforce Development Agency and the Department of Industrial Relations have consolidated resources for employers into a new website.
As California employment attorneys, our team at Sherman Law Corporation makes it our top priority to help clients stay up-to-date with COVID regulations and work with them to make sure they are always legally compliant.
California COVID-19 Compliance Site for Employers
The site provides information on how to ensure a safer and healthier workplace by providing the following:
- A list of regulations for handling employees who may be sick or exposed to COVID-19 in the form of a FAQ.
- Training resources for employees and employers to learn more about preventing the spread of COVID-19 in the workplace.
- The new website further includes a “road map” section in which employers can select their county and industry and receive information about regulations and requirements relevant to their workforce.
- The guidance includes required safety protocols such as social distancing, as well as potential employee benefits that the employer may be required to comply with.
- It additionally provides information on the steps to take following a COVID-19 case in the workplace, including local health department contact information.
California COVID-19 Laws and Regulations
The site also discusses various general laws and regulations in place regarding COVID-19, including Supplemental Paid Sick Leave (SPSL). You can read more about SPSL in our blog here.
You can also read more about the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) in our blog here.
Have more COVID-related employer questions? Contact Sherman Law Corporation
All these rules and regulations can be overwhelming, so it’s helpful to have sites like the one discussed above for help. But if you still have questions – or you’re facing complaints or litigation from employees regarding COVID policies, Sherman Law Corporation is here to help. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at (323) 488-2087.